NFPA 1021 Fire Officer (Level I)
- NFPA 1001 Fire Fighter II, and NFPA 1041 Fire Service Instructor I.
- Fire chief letter confirming candidate is a member of a Fire Department. A copy of letter must be uploaded/attached as part of the application process.
This 10-day, 80-hour program is designed to meet the requirements of senior firefighters who aspire to become company officers. Participants gain the ability and knowledge to perform the duties of a junior officer. The course is designed around classroom lectures, group interactive exercises, table exercises and practical fire ground evolutions.
The 16 program modules include:
- Role of the Fire Officer
- Public Relations
- Recognizing and Managing Cultural Diversity
- Safety and Wellness of Fire Personnel
- Management Within Organizational Structure
- Community Awareness
- Building Construction
- Incident Command System
- Fire Officer Responsibilities in Compliance and Accountability
- Fire Safety Education
- Functional Leadership
- Fire Cause Determination
- Problem Solving
- Performance Appraisals
- Effective Communication Skills
- Strategy and Tactics
Payment must be made when registering for courses. We reserve the right to cancel seven days prior to any course in which the minimum registration is not achieved.
Student must bring
All required learning materials for the program will be included in the fee.
French translation assistance
Our bilingual instructors are able to provide French translation assistance as requested for this program.
$1,334.52 plus HST
Dates pending, please contact us for details.
Let us help you Rise Further